Sunday, April 4, 2010

Common Goldenback



D700 500mm +1.7 teleconverter ISO400 f/6.7 1/320 flash -1.3EV tripod

I observed a couple of common goldenbacks bringing in turn beakfull of insects to their nest (a hole in the bark of a tree). While rapid, their pattern of flight and trees visited was regular. Their next move could therefore be somewhat anticipated. Problem was the low light and the fact that they never seemed to be in the right spot when clouds had cleared or the right position passing through rare sunlit patches... I left thinking that I would go back to take more pictures in better light conditions.

When I went back a few day later, the nest was empty and the goldenbacks were gone... Well, I had often read to fully work out the subject when available as better or similar conditions were not guaranteed...



No comments: