Monday, May 17, 2010

White-Breasted Water Hen With Chick


D700 500mm +1.7 teleconverter ISO400 f/7.1 1/100 flash -2.0EV tripod

The parent waterhen was trying to discourage the chick to take food from its beak. Sorry little chap, time to get your own.

Talking about food, while observing some waterhen partly hidden in high plant growth, an old man passed by. When he saw what I was looking at, he gave me a big smile and said "Good to eat" with the air of a connoisseur! It did not shock me really. I had heard this before with someone pointing a finger at a monitor lizard... To be truthful, the chick does look like a chicken, somehow... with super-sized legs... some like them steamed in spicy Thai sauce... Ok, ok, this will be my first and last reference to meals when posting pictures of wild animals!

No comments: