Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sunrise at Angkor Wat



Back from a trip to Cambodia with approximately 1'500 photographs in raw format, I do not quite know where to start... So I chose the obvious: a sunrise over the Angkor Wat. The early day was mostly covered but the sun did light up the clouds giving the sky an orange glow. Note that a little change in white balance and some underexposure (to create the silhouette and hide the on-going renovation work) did reinforce the effect somehow...

While one has to leave the hotel at 5am to reach the site prior to the first rays of the sun, the location I had chosen to take full advantage of the reflection was already crowded and I had to request some seriouls favours in order to plant my tripod in a decent spot. Definitely not very original but a nice picture to have of Angkor Wat.